Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Matt & Nat: Live Beautifully

As I said in the very beginning, one of the goals of this blog is to help people realize that being vegan is fashionable.  From shoes to purses, I LOVE accessories more than most girls.  Some may call it addiction, I call it passion. 

Growing up, I was always told that Dooney & Bourke and Louis Vuitton were it.  My mother and grandmother not only raved of these brands, but they wore them daily.  If you want to read more about my transition and why I decided that leather products were not for me, please click here.  Believe me, I heard it all from my mom and sister.  How I was going to look like a hippy and have to wear hemp messenger bags and sneakers.  Boy were they wrong.

One of the companies I love is Matt & Nat.  I even love their tag line: Live Beautifully.  It makes me smile just to read it because it is so simple, but so true.  Even more touching is the story of how this cruelty-free company came to be. Inder Bedi came up with the idea of a vegan friendly accessory line thanks to a college course which required him to develop a business plan and seek "funding" from banks.  He received no faux funding, but a concept was born.


Today, Matt & Nat is one of the leading cruelty-free companies in the world.  Bedi continues to be guided by creating beautiful things with a positive impact.  How simple, how pure.

Besides being downright fierce and vegan friendly, Matt & Nat goes a step further and includes the guiding principles of conservation in every purse they produce.  Believe it or not, the lining of every Matt & Nat bag is made from 100% recycled bottles.  Amazing!  For every purse, about 21 water bottles are used to make the lining.  Stylish and smart. 


Oh, but Matt & Nat doesn't stop there!  Be still my heart, it gets better?  Indeed it does.  Just this year, Matt & Nat got rid of metal tags/labels and switched to cork.  Cork extraction is one of the most environmentally friendly harvesting processes in the world.  Matt & Nat are one of the first companies to move to cork labeling.

I love this company, and you will too.  They have a bag or belt for everyone (you too guys) whether you are boho-chic or high fashion.  And now they even have a line of products to fit your Apple electronics.  Matt & Nat, you sure know how to make a girls heart flutter.


Not only are these products HOT, they are reasonably priced and there is free ground shipping orders of $50 or more.  Go get your shop on!

I will be rocking my Porto clutch this weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. BTW, Matt & Nat also donate bags to women’s shelters around Montreal, feed the homeless people of Montreal a vegetarian meal and throw product out of their office windows to loyal fans. <3

    ReplyDelete