Monday, December 20, 2010

Peace O'Pie

After volunteering on Saturday, Joe and I went to Peace O'Pie in Allston for some delicious vegan pizza.  Yep, you heard me right, there is a vegan pizza place right here in Boston.  This was my second time coming to this restaurant and each time it seems to get better and better.

We started with cheesy bread sticks which were A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  They were gooey and garlicky and all around perfection.  The marinara dipping sauce was so fresh and chunky.  I had an organic Steaz Teas with Agave and Joe had Maine root beer.  Yum.

Peace O'Pie offers so many options it is ridiculous.  You can get regular sized pizzas, but Joe and I opted for personal pizzas so we could get exactly what we wanted.  Check out the amazing menu here.



For my pizza I had Canadian Bacon and Onion.  When it first came out I was a little concerned because the the fake bacon look a little scary.  I am not a big meat substitute kind of girl, but I wanted to try something new.  After that first bite, I was in love.  OMG this pizza is amazing.  And this coming from a girl that lives in the North End, where some of the best pizza in the country is made. 



Joe had the Peppy- pepperoni, mushrooms and onions.  I had a bite of this too and it was out of this world.  Joe, who is a carnivore, also loved this place.  He said that the pepperoni tasted just like the real thing.



Peace O'Pie offers so many great options.  You can opt for regular pizza dough, but they also make gluten-free and whole wheat options as well.  All of their ingredients are organic and many are locally bought.  They use Daiya cheese.  You can find a description of Daiya in this post.



Peace O' Pie is great for more than just their scrumptious food though.  During the renovation of the building before the restaurant opened, the owners used eco-friendly building materials including sustainably produced bamboo counter front, a countertop made of 100% recycled office paper, and ceiling tiles with 65% recycled content.  They also compost and use compostable, biodegradable packaging and supplies.

Peace O'Pie also offers some retail options too.  While there I purchased a 1/2 pound of Daiya cheese for $5, some Sjaak's Peanut Butter Cups.  They also offer amazing vegan desserts and on Sunday's they do a whole vegan brunch.

Basically, they had me at hello.  This is one of the few Boston establishments that openly respects animals, the earth and their customers.  I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment