Monday, November 29, 2010

Easy Pasta Primavera

This is a really simple, healthy and delicious dish.  If you need to whip up something quick, this one is sure to be a crowd pleaser!

Pasta Primavera


Ingredients


1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Yellow Bell Pepper
3/4 Cup of Button Mushroom
1 Small Head of Broccoli
1 Small Yellow Onion
5 Stalks of Asparagus
1 Large Carrot
A Handful of Grape Tomoatoes
3 Tablespoons of EVOO + 1 tablespoon
2 Tablespoons of Earth Balance
3 Tablespoons of Dry White Wine (I used Savignon Blanc)
2 Gloves of Garlic
Italian seasoning
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Vegan Parmesean to Taste

I use the mandolin for this dish because it allows me to cut the veggies really thin (I use the julienne slicer).  I did this for the carrots and peppers.  I then thinly the mushrooms and diced the onion.  I broke up the broccoli into really small florets. If you don't have a mandolin, get one!  They are so were it and make most cutting jobs so simple.  Be careful though!  They are hella sharp.  I have cut myself so many times! Mine is from Target and was like $20.  Here is what they look like:



I put all of this in a large bowl and added the 3 tablespoons EVOO and Italian seasonings.  For seasoning I used oregano, parsley, thyme, basil and sage.  I tossed this all together and then put it on a cookie sheet in a thin layer.  I baked it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Half way through I flipped the veggies and added the garlic (garlic cooks pretty quickly).



While the veggies were roasting, I boiled my pasta.  I used cavatappi, but you can used whatever you have around.  Once the pasta was done cooking, I added the additional tablespoon of EVOO and covered the pasta with a towel.  This prevents the pasta from clumping.

I next halved the grape tomatoes and put a small (think tiny) piece of Earth Balance on each half.  I then broiled these until the plumped in the middle and added a little salt and pepper.

I combined all the veggies, pasta and tomatoes in a large bowl and tossed with the 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance, some salt and pepper and some vegan parmesan cheese.  Voila!  Yummy meal made easy.  This goes great with my Vegan Garlic Bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment