Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tofu-Apricot-Spinach Ravioli


DePasquale's in the North End is pretty famous for their fresh made pastas.  As a vegan, I never even ventured into the shop because I figured that there would be nothing that I could eat.  Much to my surprise, the other day I noticed a sign out front that said "Vegan Pastas".  I was intrigued.  When I walked in, the owner was welcoming and showed me a good variety of vegan pastas.  I settled on the Tofu-Apricot-Spinach Ravioli.  Amazing!  And at $4.95 how could you go wrong.

I finally cooked these ravioli tonight.  So simple, just bring water to a boil and throw them in.  Cook time was about 5 minutes.


I wanted something quick and easy, so I decided to jazz up a jar of sauce.  I started by sauteing some mushrooms in a little white wine.  I then threw in some garlic.  Once they started to brown, I added some sauce- I used Classico Tomato and Basil.  I then stirred in some salt, black pepper, red pepper and vegan Parmesan cheese.  I poured it over the ravioli and my oh my was this a tasty meal!


I totally recommend DePasquale's.  They are located 64 Cross Street in the North End.  It is just between Salem and Hanover Streets.  Stop by and grab some of their delicious vegan options.

2 comments:

  1. I just came across the vegan pasta yesterday while visiting Boston. I brought home 4 boxes for my freezer, plus some vegan pesto. Can hardly wait to try them. I thought the apricot pasta implied a white sauce of some sort, but you sound happy with a tomato sauce, so I am trying that tonight! Such a nice pasta shop, I highly recommend them to0!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this shop yesterday and brought home 4 boxes of vegan ravioli and some pesto. Great shop!

    ReplyDelete