Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blue Inc

Last night I went to Blue Inc, a new restaurant in the financial district with some friends.  Having looked at the menu, I was pretty sure there was nothing I would be able to eat.  I called the restaurant and much to my surprise, they were happy to accommodate and create me a vegan meal.  They were so great and so willing to make me something delicious.


The first course was a vegetable ragu which included corn, zucchini and a bunch of other veggies.  It was light and delicious and had a really earthy taste.  The second course tempura battered tofu with watermelon sashimi which was hand delivered by the chef.  It was out of this world.  Being a vegan, I rarely get to eat dessert.  So imagine my surprise when they delivered a flourless chocolate cake with avocado sorbet and strawberries.  It was decadent and such an amazing surprise.  The food was out of this world.


The wine and cocktail list at this place is off the off the hook.  I started with a delicious white wine that was light and fragrant.  I then switched to a drink called Strawberry Fields.  It is muddled strawberries with basil infused vodka and soda.  So fresh and so amazing.


The wait staff was phenomenal and it was such a great night.  Sometimes it can be hard to go to eat in this city when you are vegan, but Blue Inc made this a great night and I will definitely go back.  I highly recommend trying it.  And if you are vegan, call in advance and I am sure they will accommodate you!


Blue Inc
131 Broad Street
Boston MA 02110
Phone: 617.261.5353
www.blueincboston.com

No comments:

Post a Comment