Thursday, October 14, 2010

Clover Food Lab

I work not far from Dewey Square near South Station.  Every Tuesday and Thursday, Dewey Square boasts a small farmer's market with local produce and some great vendors who sell everything from granola to hummus.  One day while walking through the market on my lunch break, my co-worker and I noticed a sign for vegan BLT's.  At first we couldn't figure out where, but then we found the Clover Food Lab truck.



We decided to do some research.  After googling Clover Food Lab, I learned that this was no ordinary food truck.  The Clover truck makes quality, vegetarian fast food.  You heard me right!  Their food is fresh and local and plain awesome.  They are great about answering questions and can make almost all of their options vegan.  I have loved everything I have tried from this food truck!

Some of their options include fried chick pea (essentially falafel), egg and eggplant (I had a vegan version today with no egg), BBQ seitan and BLT (vegetarian).  They also have great sides like their rosemary french fries and delicious salads that change daily.  One of today's salads was wild rice and apple.  They also had surf and turf salad which looked amazing.  It was seaweed and cucumber salad with radish garnish.


Clover also offers great drinks. Today they had hot mulled cider and basil lemonade just to name a few.  I  had a soup special that was awesome, it was parsnip and pear.  It was a rich flavor which was very distinctive and creamy.  Clover also offers a 3:00 special most days and it changes every week.  Some recent specials include corn fritters and fried pickles.  Like I said, this is a vegetarian truck, but they are surely happy to accommodate vegans!



Clover has two locations: Dewey Square (near South Station) and at MIT (near the Kendall T Stop).  They are open 8-7 at both locations and offer breakfast and lunch/dinner.  Ayr and Rolando will also be opening up a vegetarian fast food restaurant which is not a truck soon (in Harvard Square!).  I will keep you posted.  In the meantime, get to Clover!  You won't be sorry.

You can visit Clover online at www.cloverfoodlab.com for daily specials and to subscribe to their daily feed about specials.  Plus you can watch their adventures in opening up a restaurant.  Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment