Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October Unprocessed Day 10: Apple Picking and Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Banana Breakfast Cookies

Today I went apple picking with my nieces  and it was a blast.  I ate a few fresh apples while we were out and they were so delicious!  Foodwise, I had a pretty balanced day!

Breakfast: Peanut Butter, Oatmeal and Banana Breakfast Cookies
Ingredients:1/3 cup peanut butter (I used the fresh kind that you grind at Whole Foods)
2 ripe bananas (overripe is fine)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp almond milk (I made my own!  It was scary and didn't yield much, but I followed this recipe)
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 ½ cups quick cooking or rolled oatmeal
dash cinnamon (optional)
1/4 cup chickpea flour
1/4 cup of almonds, chopped
1/4 cup of cranberries


In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until smooth. Add peanut butter, almond milk, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.


Drop spoonfuls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake 16-20 minutes at 350 degrees, or until done.

Lunch: Lots of Apples
           Calzone with no cheese and spinach, garlic, peppers and eggplant


Dinner: Veggie Stir-Fry with Brown Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment