Friday, October 7, 2011

October Unprocessed Day 7: Oatmeal & Tuscan White Bean Spaghetti

Today I am feeling great and I dropped about 3 pounds on the Revitalive Cleanse, but I am pretty sure this was all water weight since my close fit exactly the same.  Still, I feel really good today and I am also 6 days without coffee.  While my plan isn't to give up coffee completely, it is to cut down drastically.  I have lowered my salt intake a little, but I would like to cut it down even a little more.  I have also been drinking more water which feels great and, I suspect, partially the reason for the loss in water weight.

I made my lunch/dinner last night so that I wouldn't be rushed and eat something quick and easy.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with 1 teaspoon of agave and 2 tablespoons of gRAWnola

Lunch:
Tuscan White Bean Spaghetti
Snack:
1/2 cup of Almonds and Cashews

Dinner:
Tuscan White Bean Spaghetti

Tuscan White Bean Spaghetti
Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 cup diced onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 cup of spinach, chopped
  • 1 roma tomato, diced
  • Salt and black pepper
  • 1/2 cup canned white beans, rinsed
  • 1/4 pound pasta
Pour the oil into a skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Then add the garlic, pepper flakes, and tomato. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Dump in the spinach and season with a pinch of salt. Cover the skillet and reduce heat to medium, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the beans and cook until warmed.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for one minute less than the directions on the packaging. When done, drain the pasta and toss it into the pan with the kale. Turn the heat to high and cook for an additional minute.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment