Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October Unprocessed Day 8: Oy Vey Medieval Manor

So today was a bit tougher to stick to this plan.  first, I was slammed all day and running around like a crazy person.  Again, poor planning on my part.  However, I did manage, I think, to stay unprocessed!


Breakfast: Cucumber Salad
Ingredients:
1/2 of an English cucumber
1 medium vine ripe tomato
1 small yellow onion
1 tablespoon of EVOO
1 tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar

Chop everything up and toss together.  Quick, easy and yum!

Lunch: None (BOOOOO!)
Dinner: Medieval Manor (oy vey)


It was my friend Amy's birthday and so she wanted to head to Medieval Manor, which -let's face it- not exactly veg friendly.  When they said they could accommodate a vegan, I was skeptical.


Accommodate they did, though it was pretty much what I expected.  I started with a veggie soup that actually was not bad, but things went downhill from there.  Next there was a hummus platter.  I didn't eat the pita because it looked pretty dense and likely processed.  The veggies were ok, but not really much.  This was followed up by a salad.  And by salad I mean a bowl of iceberg lettuce with two cherry tomatoes.  Did I mention that there was no silverware? Oh yeah, so I got to eat it all with my hands.   How classy.


We went all over town after that and had a night cap at Chau Chow City.  It's as bad as it sounds and I was afraid to eat anything other than some white rice.  Not a great option and probably processed but better then eating something way worse.  Oh and check out my amazing fortune:

No comments:

Post a Comment